Objective/Requirements (Rule 4)
- With this the user to have a clarity on practice and policies of company
- Type of personal and sensitive information being collected
- Purpose of the collection of information , its usages , disclosure of the information
- Security practice and procedures to protect and secure the information
For the purposes of this and related documents, unless the context otherwise requires,
- “Body Corporate” or “RIMS” means “RIMS MARKETING PVT.LTD. a company incorporated under the Indian Companies Act, 1956 and having its registered office at @ 57,1st FLOOR, FURNITURE BLOCK , KIRTI NAGAR. NEW DELHI -15”
- “Services” means e-commerce services provided by the Body Corporate through their website i.e. enrg.in to enable the Customers to buy and sell goods and services through the internet.
- “Information” means Personal Information and/or Sensitive Information and shall include data, message , text, images, sound, voice, codes, computer programmes, software and data bases or micro film or computer generated micro fiche;
- “Personal Information” means any information that relates to a Customer, which, either directly or indirectly, in combination with other information available or likely to be available with a Body Corporate, is capable of identifying such person;
- “Sensitive personal data or information of a person” or “Sensitive Information” means such personal information of the Customer which consists of information relating to;—
- financial information such as Bank account or credit card or debit card or other payment instrument details ;
- name, addresses, telephone numbers or email addresses;
- Social media profile and interests;
- physical, physiological and mental health condition;
- sexual orientation;
- medical records and history;
- Biometric information;
- any detail relating to the above clauses as provided to body corporate for providing service; and
- any of the information received under above clauses by body corporate for processing, stored or processed under lawful contract or otherwise:
Provided that, any information that is freely available or accessible in public domain or furnished under the Right to Information Act, 2005 or any other law for the time being in force shall not be regarded as sensitive personal data or information for the purposes of these rules.
Apart from “information”/”personal information” will extend to
- the content that you generate, or that is connected to your account ( such as adding items to your basket, watch list or wish list )
- the Information pertaining to bidding, buying, or selling information you provide during a transaction, or other transaction based content that you generate or that is connected to your account as a result of a transaction you are involved in,
- the geo-location information to provide you with location based services (such as advertising, search results, and other personalized content)
- Any additional information RIMS is required or authorized by applicable national laws to collect and process in order to authenticate or identify you or to verify the information we have collected:
In addition, personal data via cookies or similar techniques, including but not limited to:
- Your IP address
- Your cookie id
- Your web browser
- Your location
- The web pages your visit on our websites
- Advertisements etc. you viewed or clicked through:
By using services of RIMS and/or registering for an account with us, you are consenting to our collection, use, disclosure, retention, and protection of your “information”/”personal information”
Consent and Purpose / Usage
Customer gives its consent under Rule 5 of the Information Technology (Reasonable security practices and procedures and sensitive personal data or information) Rules, 2011:
- The Body Corporate collects certain Personal Information of the Customer, which may enable the Body Corporate to either directly or indirectly, in combination with other information available or likely to be available with a Body Corporate, is capable of identifying such Customer.
Without limitation the following information collected by the Body Corporate in relation to its Services can be categorized as Personal Information:
- Customer Data or Information submitted by the Customer through forms, while availing the Services;
- Information recorded and collected though web server logs;
- Information collected through cookies or third party cookies;
- Information collected by third parties including advertiser, who may use some technologies such as web beacons, clear .gif or similar technologies to collect some information about the Customers;
- Information collected for analytical services to track user trends statistically.
- The Body Corporate collects the following Sensitive Information of the Customer in connection with the Services of the Body Corporate or any person on its behalf:
Type of Sensitive Information collected
|(i)password;||In order for Customer to take full advantage of the Service, the Customer must provide registration information, including an e-mail address and password. The passwords are encrypted and then stored on the servers of the Body Corporate and can be accessed by the Customers only.|
|(ii) financial information such as Bank account or credit card or debit card or other payment instrument details ;||The payments for the Services can be made using third party payment gateways. Any financial information such as bank account or credit card or debit card or other payment instrument details the Body Corporate receives in processing transactions varies according to the nature of the transaction and the way in which third party merchants are using our services. It generally will include Customer financial information such as banking details for making payments, account history including (without limitation) all billing information and communications, payment history etc. Customer Information is used to process payment transactions and for no other purpose.|
|(iii) physical, physiological and mental health condition;||The Customer while registering for the Services is required to provide information for profiling purposes such as the gender, marital status, age, contact details, address etc.;|
|(vii) any detail relating to the above clauses as provided to body corporate for providing service; and||Such other related information required by the Body Corporate to efficiently provide the Services to the Customers, in relation to the Sensitive Information as mentioned above.|
Also depending on the choices you have made regarding your settings on various social media sites, and your settings on our ENRG page, certain personal data may be shared with our vendors and service providers about your online activities and social media profiles ( such as interests, marital status, gender, user name, photo, comments you have posted etc.)
The collection of the Personal Information and the Sensitive Information by the Body Corporate is considered necessary for providing the Services to the Customer;
- The collection of Information is subject to a condition that the Body Corporate shall not retain the Information for longer than is required for the purposes for which the information may lawfully be used or is otherwise required under any other law for the time being in force;
- The information may be retained by us from closed accounts to comply with national laws, prevent fraud, resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems, assist with any investigation, enforce our User Agreement and take other actions permitted or required by applicable national laws. After it is no long necessary for us to retain your personal information, we dispose it off in a secure manner according to our data retention and deletion policies.
- The Information collected shall be used for the purpose i.e. providing the Services, for which it has been collected;
- Body Corporate or any person on its behalf shall permit the Customers, as and when requested by them, to review the information they had provided and ensure that any Personal Information or Sensitive Information found to be inaccurate or deficient shall be corrected or amended as feasible: provided that Body Corporate shall not be responsible for the authenticity of the Personal Information or Sensitive Information supplied by the Customer to Body Corporate or any other person acting on behalf of Body Corporate;
- Body Corporate shall keep the Sensitive Information secure as per the reasonable security practices adopted by the Body Corporate. Any person on behalf of Body Corporate shall keep the Sensitive Information secure as per reasonable security practices adopted by the third party.
- Body Corporate shall address any discrepancies and grievances of their Customer with respect to processing of information in a time bound manner.
For this purpose Body Corporate a Grievance Officer. His contact number is +91 8800 22 0705 and his email address is firstname.lastname@example.org
The Grievance Officer shall redress the grievances of provider of information expeditiously but within one month from the date of receipt of grievance.
Content for Disclosure of information under rule 6 of IT Rules:
The Customer agrees to the following disclosures under Rule 6 of the IT Rules:
- The Information collected by the Body Corporate including Personal Information or Sensitive Information may be disclosed to any person, if such disclosure is required for a lawful purpose connected with a function or activity or Services of Body Corporate or any person on its behalf.
- The Information may be disclosed where the disclosure is necessary for compliance of a legal obligation.
- The information shall be shared, without obtaining prior consent from provider of information or the Customer, with Government agencies mandated under the law to obtain information including sensitive personal data or information for the purpose of verification of identity, or for prevention, detection, investigation including cyber incidents, prosecution, and punishment of offences.
- Body Corporate or any person on its behalf shall endeavor not to make public the Sensitive Information.
- Body Corporate shall endeavor to ensure that that the third party receiving the Sensitive Information from Body Corporate or any person on its behalf shall not disclose it further. However, the conduct of the third parties may not be directly under the control of the Body Corporate.
- The Information shall be disclosed to any third party by an order under the law for the time being in force.
Content for transfer of information under rule 6 of IT Rules
Under Rule 7 of the IT Rules, the Customer consent that the Body Corporate or any person on its behalf may transfer sensitive personal data or information including any information, to any other body corporate or a person in India, or located in any other country.
Electronic Consent of the customer:
The Customer understands acknowledges that:
- Sensitive Information and Personal Information is being collected by RIMS;
- they have the knowledge of the purpose for which Information is being collected;
- they have the knowledge of the intended recipients of the information;
- they have the knowledge of the name and address of the agency that is collecting the information, and the agency that will retain the information;
- they have the option not to provide the data or information sought to be collected by the RIMS.
The Customer permit the RIMS or any person on its behalf to transfer Sensitive Information or the Personal Information to any other body corporate or a person in India, or located in any other country.
If you withdraw your consent for the use or disclosure of your personal information for purposes set out in this Privacy Notice, you may not have access to all our Services and we might not be able to provide you all of the Services and customer support offered to our users and authorized under this Privacy Notice and our User Agreement. The Customer understands that they also have an option to withdraw the consent by giving a written intimation to RIMS. Customer understand and accept that such withdrawal of the consent shall be sent in writing to email@example.com and in such case RIMS shall have the option not to provide goods or Services for which the said Information was collected or sought.
Rights of User:
Once you have provided us with your personal data, you have reasonable access to that information so that you can update, modify or, if legally possible, delete it by logging into your account and accessing your “personal settings”, where you can also change your preferences relating to how RIMS communicates with you. You will also be provided with an opt-out opportunity when necessary and we will comply with any local legislation. We encourage you to keep your personal settings and personal data complete and up to date
Choices of Yours:
You have a choice about how we use your personal information to communicate with you, to send you marketing information, how we provide you with customized and relevant advertising, and whether you want to stay signed into your account.
Marketing & Advertising:
If you do not wish to receive marketing communications or do not wish to participate in our advertising personalization programs you can opt out or unsubscribe from the link received in your email. We do not sell or rent your personal information to third parties for their marketing purposes nor do we allow third parties to track or collect your personal information on our sites for their own advertising purposes without your explicit consent.
Informations Received from Third Party:
There are instances where we may receive information about you from other sources such delivery and address information from our logistic partners which we will use to update our records for better and efficient delivery of our product during your next purchase.
Logged In on Public/Shared Computer:
We encourage our users to choose not to log in for long time on a public or shared computer. Apart from you any other user of the computer/browser you signed in on will be able to view and access most parts of your account and take specific action during this signed in period without any further authorization
Link to Third Party Websites:
This Website may contain links and pointers to Internet sites maintained by third parties. We do not operate or control in any respect any information, products or services on such third-party sites. Third party links and pointers are included solely for your convenience, and do not constitute any endorsement by us. You assume sole responsibility for use of third party links and pointers.
Notices & Revisions:
With the changing business needs and requirements our privacy notice and conditions of use will change as well. In case of any change in our policies we will notify the same by posting a prominent notice on our privacy page and will also indicate when it was most recently updated. We also encourage our users to visit our website frequently for viewing recent changes. We make best efforts to stand behind promises we made and shall never materially make any change to our policies and practices which in turn might lessen the protection of customers information collected in the past without the consent of affected customer.